So, I’ve been active in literary industry for nearly 9 years now, but my focus has been entirely on writing, publishing and marketing my books and the books of other authors. I’m embarrassed to admit that haven’t spent any time engaging with readers, and as a result, don’t have much of a social media following and rather pitiful author platform.
I used to see social media as a crutch – an addiction I didn’t want in my life. Over the years, I trained myself to fight the Pavlovian impulse to pull out my phone every time it vibrates, but the only thing I have to show for it is a devestatingly slow response time to text messages (seriously, I’ll write back sometimes weeks or months later!). So, to make up for lost time, I’ve created a little social media challenge for myself in the hopes of accomplishing 2 things:
- Change my current routine to include activities that benefit my own author platform.
- Give back to the indie author community by helping some talented writers build their own author platform.
Time to get a jumpstart on the holiday season!
Zacatlán gabapin nt 300 This is the 2021 4th Quarter Growth-Hacking the Author Platform Social Media Challenge!
- Request to interview 1 other indie author + post interview to site.
- Invite 1 authors to write guest posts + post to site.
- Post at least 1 New fully SEO’d blog posts of 1,000 words or greater.
- Pitch yourself as a guest on author podcasts.
- Pitch your guest post on any book blogs.
- Post at least 1 new video to YouTube or TikTok.
- Create at least 1 new post in any FB author group.
- Make at least 5 comments in any FB author group.
- Create at least 1 new thread in any Goodreads author groups.
- Reply to at least 5 different Goodreads threads.
- Offer advice to any 3 new indie authors.
- Post at least 1 time on Instagram.
- Post at least 5 times on Facebook.
- Post at least 5 times on Twitter.
- Post at least 5 times on Pinterest.
- Complete all of the tasks on the last over a 7-day period
2. Repeat for 12 weeks
3. At the end of the 12 weeks, determine what worked, what didn’t, & how you will adjust your author platform social media strategy going forward.